The off-season and peak season for the sweater factory
Different customer groups correspond to different off-season and peak season
The customers from different countries correspond to different development and production time. For the American and European countries’ climate, the peak season is from March to April and November to October. And for the Japan market, the peak season is from July to September and December to January. While the peak season for domestic customers is mainly from August to November.
Different types of customers correspond to different development and production time.
At present, the main customer groups for sweater are as follows:
- chain store (Boutique)
- designer’s brand
Due to the scale of the brands, the quantity is different, resulting the development timing is different.
- The customers’ holidays affect the low and peak seasons as well.
- In Japan, It is small peak season before the Labor’s Day, Obon, new year and etc.
- In Europe and America, there are many sales during Easter Day, summer vacation and Christmas Day
- Domestic Labor’s Day, National Day, Double-11 and before the new year are the peak season.
Common peak season
- It’s peak season from July to Sept. (Most countries in Europe and America are in vacation and the order is less)
- It’s Chinese Double-11 Shopping Festival and Christmas Day abroad in Nov and Dec. It’s also peak season before new year in Japan.
- One month before the Spring Festival is usually January and is peak season for knitwear manufacturing industry. The factories almost have a month’s holiday for CNY, so the orders must be finished and delivered before the Spring Festival.
Impact of off-season and peak season
- Impact on the factory: More than 80% of sweater factories in China are troubled by off-season and peak season. It is hard to deliver orders in time if there is no enough workers in peak season and hard to retain workers in off season and skilled workers drain seriously.
- Impact on the customer: If customers choose to produce orders in February June and October, the quality and delivery will be more guaranteed and the price can be also negotiated with the factory. On the contrary, if it is produced in the peak season, the supporting facilities in all aspects will be affected accordingly.
How Does FINE KNITTING deal with the off peak season
- Strengthen staff training in off-season. Analyze the occurred issues, carry out hierarchical training for managers, technicians and production workers to improve work efficiency and quality awareness.
- Plan “one person multi talent”, FINE KNITTING ’s technicians have many years of working experience and skills. At the same time, we will train employees’ multi position adaptability in the off-season. Flexible job transfers cope with the off-season and peak seasons.
- FINE KNITTING can undertake orders from different countries in Europe, America and Japan. Reduce the administration costs and improve the strength of the factory.
Thanks for your reading! Thank you!